Coraline Jones is an adventurous, clever, twelve-year-old girl who is the main protagonist of the story, Coraline, in both book and film, that are both named after her. She is the daughter of Charlie Jones and Mel Jones.
Coraline has short, navy blue hair (originally brown in the novel) and brown eyes. She is also very skinny for her age. She wears a light peach shirt, light blue pants, and pale brown shoes.
In the game
Coraline and her parents move to the Pink Palace Apartment. As her parents have lots of work to do, Coraline is discovering the house's inner place as well as the outside with the help of his dad's notes, which she found the small door in the wall.
She helped Angi Delgado, an Inkagame winner, to find her hamster in the real world as well as in the other world.
At the kitchen table, she asked her doll, which was the same as her, if the food is poisoned and moved her doll's head, making it nod. On the night of the same day, she followed a mouse to the little doors that lead Coraline to the other world, where she had a different experience than in the real world - seeing all the people she meets there be more cool and willing to give her anything she desires.
The next day, after coming back to the real world and went to Mr. Bobinsky, Coraline opened her eyes widely when she got the info from him.
After her parents left her alone as they went shopping, she was searching for the key and found it locked inside the safe.
Coraline, as she was in the other world after Other Mother wanted her to sew buttons for her eyes, wanted to have some sleep so she could return to her own world, but the magic didn't work - so she had to go on foot and into the small doors.
When Coraline came back in the real world, she called her parents, but couldn't find them anywhere. The Cat/1 helped her find her parents, which she found out, were trapped in the mirror.
After making a bet with Other Mother, Coraline had to get three eyes in the shape of different balls. And as she finished the search, she had to find where her parents were trapped and then telling it to Other Mother that has already changed her physique.
When she was locking the second doors from the other world, the three ghost spirits helped her lock-up but could lock up the first doors by herself.
In her dreams, she saw the three ghosts again, where they warned her of the danger that is coming to her (the hand of Other Mother), so Coraline woke up and made a plan how to get rid of it.
She and her real parents made a decision to have a picnic party and to invite other characters that lived in the Apartment. The next day, it was seen that every character that they meet was at this party.
- Coraline and the Secret Door (Debut and Playable)
- In Coraline and the Secret Door, Coraline was exactly the same and mostly did the same things as in the movie as well, with few differences.
- To get the doors that lead to the boiler room and the safe, she used a pot in the hallway to help herself with the straightening the carpet, thus opening them.
- She got a key to her parents' room, wherein their bathroom she finds a combination of arrows which she could use on the safe.
- Her associated game is the first to be fully based on the original inspiration.
- Coraline was playable in a demo version of Coraline and the Secret Door, but it was not yet released, until 11th July 2015.
- Her game, Caroline and the Secret Door, is one of the longest waited games Inkagames has.