Mel Jones is the mother of Coraline and the wife of Charlie Jones. She is constantly seen very busy and have little time for her daughter as per her job as a gardening catalogue editor. Mel has a brace around her neck from a truck crash, and wears a light violet sweather, green pants and pink shoes.
In the game
In Coraline's adventure game, she was seen in the kitchen, near the table and sitting, while she was working something on her computer. She had no time to play games with Coraline, and as her daughter asked her of a key, she told, that there was a key in the drawer.
In the second part, she was seen standing near her husbands computer room, when she gave a doll to her daughter, and then they had supper.
At next morning she was in the kitchen near her computer again, when Geraldine was telling her the dreams that she had, but her mother was not interested.
In the morning of the next next day, Coraline asked her, what is going to be for breakfast, and her mother remembers that they do not have enough food in the refrigerator. After some moments Mr. Johnson was seen coming to the kitchen, when he heared from his wife , that she wanted to go to the store.
As Coraline came back from her trip from the other world, she was seen trapped in the mirror with her husband and freezing.
Later on, when Coraline comes back to the real world again, we saw her parents coming in the living room, where their daughter was and had a bit of snow on their heads; they did not know they had snow on their heads but it soon disappeared.
After 2 hours they were seen in Coraline's room, talking about the picnic party and later went outside the room. And in the ending scene, she was with the others having a picnic party.
- Coraline and the Secret Door (Non-playable)
- In Coraline's game she was the same as in the movies, she even got the neck holder around her neck.
- But as the game was re-designed a couple of times, the developers made her not to wear the brace around her neck
- She said that the doll was delivered by Wybie, after she went to the kitchen.
- She and her husband were near his room, while they talked to Geraldine and had supper.
- At the ending scene, her only difference was that she had a bit smaller head.